SCHOOL CARETAKER VACANCY
Required as soon as possible
Hourly rate: £8.74 - £9.01 (Scale C)
25 hours per week, term time plus four weeks during the school holidays. 7.30am – 9.30am and 3.00pm – 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday
We are looking for someone who is:
- Hardworking and takes great pride in their work
- Friendly and enjoys working with both adults and children
- A strong team player
- Able to turn their hand at a range of DIY and general maintenance jobs
- Responsible, flexible and reliable
Duties will include:
- Being responsible for keeping the school safe, clean and tidy (some cleaning duties are part of the caretaker’s role)
- Unlocking and locking of the school premises and responsibility for general security
- Carrying out a variety of DIY tasks and general repairs
- Liaising with contractors
- Ordering cleaning materials and other stock and being responsible for managing a small budget
- Elements of site security, heating and lighting
- Supervising the work of the cleaners
- Evening and possible weekend/holiday lettings (for which a lettings rate is paid)
Please note that working hours may be subject to variation, call-out at weekends and unsocial hours will be necessary from time to time (which can be claimed for).
We are an equal opportunities employer. The successful applicant will be expected to share the school’s commitment to the safeguarding of our children and will therefore be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and provide two professional referees.
We can only accept applications on the Norfolk County Council Support Staff Application form (click here) and also ask that applicants complete our skills audit form (available here). All applications should be emailed to the headteacher, Miss Amanda Yates, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the links below to find out more about the role;
For further information please contact the head teacher, Miss Amanda Yates, by email (email@example.com). If you would like to discuss the role by telephone, please provide your contact details.
Closing date for applications: Friday 17th August